Why it makes sense:
- Increased use of water recycling reduces the region’s
dependence on groundwater and surface water supplies for
non-potable water uses.
- Water recycling provides an environmentally responsible and
safe water supply for environmental restoration projects, such as
- Water recycling can also help with Clean Water Act compliance
and meeting future discharge regulations.
Why it’s safe:
- Recycled water is delivered through purple pipes that are
completely separate from the potable (drinking) water p ipes.
- Routine inspections are conducted to ensure no cross
connection between potable water pipes and recycled water pipes
- The water recycling facility and distribution system are
- Regional San’s recycled water facility is designed to provide
the highest possible degree of treatment under varying